Friday, March 25, 2011

St Patty's and San Diego Weekend

Last weekend the Outdoor track season officially began. Chris excitedly welcomed the outdoor season by frolicking in the waves and playing football on the beach in San Diego with all his pole vault buddies.

Because they left Thursday morning, sadly the only St. Patrick's festivities I was able to slip in was a green breakfast: scrambled eggs with broccoli, topped with avocado and surrounded by cucumber. (I forgot to pick up food coloring, so I had to make do with all the green food I could find in the fridge). Oh and I made some Irish Creme hot chocolate too.

As far as pole vaulting, not a great weekend. Chris no-heighted and same with most of the BYU guys. But he said he had fun playing at the beach, and hey that's what counts right? ;)
All of them spiked their hair for some reason


A definite highlight for Chris was visiting The Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista where Coach Poole gave them a tour.Now Chris just needs to jump B Standard- 5.50m (18 feet) and then after graduating from BYU he could start training there part time.

As for me back on the home front, I kept busy with some of my latest projects (spray paint= my new best friend!) If I like how they turn out, I might be brave enough to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment