Thursday, July 1, 2010

A few weeks late: Chris' first rodeo


A few weeks ago we went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo and Chris and Martina both experienced their very first rodeo. Martina is a visiting professor from Hungary who stayed with my parents for a few days.
It was a very cultural experience for her.


Chris' favorite was the wild cow milking, while Martina loved the barrel racing. Unfortunately, it was freezing cold. But at least the strawberries and cream were delicious!
I'm still not quite sure what was so neat about this trick, but a lady on a horse rode around and whipped a whip, and after several times, these two buffalo climbed up onto the trailer.



Chris and Martina both felt bad for these little calves. I guess I'm heart-less, I like calf-roping and wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment